Moto has been doing some remarkable work in the market of smartphones. Its smartphones range provides exciting features with affordability. Since its inception, Moto smartphones has been officially sold online. In India, ecommerce marketplace like Amazon, Flipkart, etc. are selling these smartphones.
Recently Moto has launched some flagship phones in its Moto G series. After Moto G Turbo’s launch, Moto has done some noteworthy and amazing software and hardware changes in its Moto G series. Moto G4 and G4 Plus has been a huge hit in Indian market. That smartphone has everything a user can ask. RAM,ROM, Camera Capability and most importantly its price range. After that, Moto recently launched its new flagship smartphone in this range known as Moto G5 and Moto G5 Plus.
Needless to say, the Moto G5 Plus is budget oriented camera phone. You may find the look and overall design of the smartphone similar to its ancestors but the camera quality and battery backup are the game changers in this device.
The way its camera clicks photos, the color depth, color saturation and reproduction are the best thing you can ask for in a camera phone in this price segment. Also, your battery would last easily for a day if you have a decent use and moderate internet data consumption on the phone.
Well, if you are a geek and want to have kernel rights of your phone, then we will show you how you can root your new moto G5 Plus. Do make a note that your warranty will be void if you root your device. So let’s get started.
1. Download below tools first
- Download Universal Windows ADB driver ( Link)
- Download TWRP for Moto G5 Plus ( Link)
- Download Moto drivers ( Link)
- Download Fastboot files (this is very important) ( Link)
- Download Magisk-v12.0 ( Link)
- Download Lazyflasher-no- verity-opt- encrypt.zip ( Link)
2. Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unblocking
- You can click on Settings then go to about phone and then tap build number 7 times.
You will get a message like “You are now a developer! ”
- Go to settings then tap on developer options. Find USB Debugging option and enable
- Now, in the same developer option, you will see “OEM Unblocking”. Enable it, the
device may ask for your pin/password/fingerprint to authorize the action.
3. Make sure the files are in place
- ADB FASTBOOT FILES.zip and select Extract to “ADB FASTBOOT FILES” folder
- Rename twrp-3.1.0- 0-n3- potter.img into twrp.img
- Now put the twrp.img file in ADB FASTBOOT FILES folder.
4. Install driver on your phone
- Install Universal Windows ADB Driver on your PC. After that, install Moto driver and reboot your PC/Laptop.
5. Unlock the bootloader, flash the TWRP and Root your smartphone
- With the help of the USB cable, connect your phone to PC/Laptop
- When you connect, a pop will be generated. Tap on “Always allow on this computer” and then tap on OK.
- Open the “ADB FASTBOOT FILES” folder in your PC/Laptop.
- In the folder, hold “Shift” Key then right click and select “Open command Windows here”.
- Type command adb address
- Now you can see your phone. Mean driver has been installed.
- Don’t close the command prompt and disconnect your phone.
- Now power off, then press the power and volume down buttons simultaneously which will restart your phone in Fastboot mode.
- Connect your phone with PC
- Type fastbootoemget_unlock_data in command prompt. It will return some strings.
- Now right click on the command prompt and choose mark. Now select those 6 lines of strings and hit enter. Those lines are now copied.
- Now open this link ( Link ) and paste those lines there.
- Now click on Format By Data and you will get below screen.
- Copy this text and paste on notepad.
- Go to this link ( Link). Create Motorola account. Skip this step if you have one already.
- Open this link ( Link) and paste the text you copied in earlier step n.
- Click on “Can my device be unlocked“
- Choose agree and click on Request Unlock Key
- Now after a couple of days, you will receive your key via email.
- Now type fastbootoem unlock XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Here, XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX is your example key
- It will show warning of data erase. So copy+paste this command again.
fastbootoem unlock XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
- Now your Moto G5 Plus boot-loader is unlocked, its time to flash TWRP Recovery.
6. FLASH TWRP recovery
- Type this command and hit enter, just make sure twrp.img file is in the ADB FASTBOOT folder.
- fastboot flash recovery twrp.img.
- After the completion of Flashing process, press Volume UP or down Key to navigate “RECOVERY MODE”.
- Once you find RECOVERY MODE just press Power button to enter in recovery mode.
- It will ask for a password, just tap on cancel.
- Tap wipe.
- Select Format Data
- You must type ‘yes’ for formatting.
- Now tap on reboot, select recovery and then tap on “Do not install” as shown below.
- Your phone will be rebooted into TWRP revocery mode.
- Now copy Magisk-v12.0.zip and lazyflasher-no-verity-opt-encrypt.zip into your phone internal memory.
- Tap on Install then browse and select Magisk-v12.0.zip
- Swipe to confirm the flash
- Tap on install then browse and select lazyflasher-no-verity-opt-encrypt.zip
- Swipe to confirm the flash
- Reboot your phone, then select System then tap on “Do not install” like this.
- It will take some time to reboot but once it is done, then your device is rooted.
Rooting cancels your phone warranty, and you cannot claim it back. You must follow the steps correctly or else you will brick your phone.