Best Online eCommerce Website Builders
There are many website builders available for making an eCommerce website. There is something you should keep in mind while choosing a builder for their business. The key points which should be remembered for making e-commerce websites are as follows:
- Good colour schemes
- Excellent range of templates
- The user interface should be good enough
- The user experience must be great
- Cost Effective
- Easy to develop
The below is the list of top 5 e-commerce website providers.
- Shopify: Shopify is a company based in Canada, who provides the solution to e-commerce website building. It was founded in 2004, and by 2014 Shopify had over 120000 active clients. Shopify is possibly the finest eCommerce software which is available in the arcade nowadays. It is appropriate for small companies who are opening out, as well as the bigger stores that are vending oodles of rupees in products. Shopify can do your small-scale business at growing at an immense rate.
Some key features of Shopify, which made them an almost everyone’s favourite.
- Over 100 stunning, specialised, mobile-ready themes which will make your site look awesome.
- Over 1,400 apps can be added to a site for better stability in the business.
- 24/7 customer care services for one’s assistance, this is very important because Shopify can help someone at 2:30 AM.
- Skilled / Pre-Approved Professionals available for employment if you need to modify your design and tasks.
Shopify is a one-stop solution and an eCommerce website designer where they abridge the challenges of making an online site to drag and drop – creating life cooler where no one will be worrying about coding.
- Bigcommerce: BigCommerce is a company based in Austin, Texas. BigCommerce is alternative reputed eCommerce website designer that permits one to make their store without taking tensions about the latest technologies. This site is also pretty much easy to use, and anyone can develop a site over here.
The key features of this building site are as follows:
- Offers a various kind of out of the box tools.
- Offers controls on different social sites for better sales and ROI.
- One of the best features of this site is, one can use tools to develop sites from other sources like Shopify.
- 24*7 customer care services are available for 365 days.
One of the greatest competitors of Shopify is Bigcommerce. But both these sites have their pros and cons.
But after an overall review, it has been found that BigComerce provides some more tools than that of Shopify, that they provide in the basic package. Moreover, BigCommerce is a bit cheaper than that of any other service providers. In the present-day BigCommerce has over 95000 active clients.
- Wix eCommerce: This one is one of the latest eCommerce website developing provider. The website came into the business in 2006. The company of this website is based in Israel. The site works in HTML5 and allows a client to build some awesome websites by just drag and drop; rather it would be better to say that this is a ‘pure drag and drop’ eCommerce website builder.
The key features of Wix can be summed up as follows:
- Easy to use.
- Drag and Drop Features.
- Professional looking websites with ease.
- Perfect for beginners.
Overall, Wix is not enough professional like Shopify and BigCommerce but is giving almost same looking websites by its drag and drop features. So if some are a beginner, not seeing building a unique e-commerce site, or vending a lot of stuff, then Wix is an excellent website maker for someone to test out as Wix give you a lot of elasticity to build a professional-looking website by just drag and drop tool. Another advantage of Wix is they provide a lot of payment options once a customer in the cart. They also provide offline payment option which is a big plus point. So, it can be said that Wix is quite a good website development, as far as one is a beginner.
- Weebly eCommerce: This is one of the most user-friendly website builder, which offers a customer to build their website by just drag and drop feature. One can make a fully functional website within a few hours. One can insert as many images as they want, with variations in size and colour. This site also offers a few notable payment options like PayPal and Authorize.net.
The key features of Weebly eCommerce are as follows:
- Easy to use.
- Drag and drop feature.
- User friendly
- A lot of customisation options.
The overall performance of this developer is quite good if someone is a beginner. The visualization of this website is quite good enough. Just like Wix, this site can also be very good for businesses which do not need any complications in their sites. This is one of the best developers for websites who are selling a less number of products like 20 or so.
- Squarespace Commerce: Squarespace is known to help the users with certain facilities such as creating beauty and image-rich websites. Their templates are very much polished and look stunning, but what most of the people fail to appreciate is that their eCommerce tools are under-rated. In addition to being capable of creating a very beautiful storefront.
- Squarespace also allows the users to have a full control over the product variants
- managing your inventory,
- uploading unlimited products,
- selling physical or digital products,
- coupon generation,
- configure shipping options,
- shipping costs,
- configuring sales taxes,
- managing your customer’s email list,
- and provides other helpful tools for building a comprehensive online store for you.
We would categorise Squarespace in the same category as Wix and Weebly – suitable for more straightforward, less sophisticated eCommerce wants. Although Squarespace’s available eCommerce tools are not as comprehensive as Shopify or Big Commerce, if your store is simple enough and doesn’t need all sorts of bells and whistles, Squarespace might just work for your needs, especially if you are picky about your website design. Further, Squarespace is considered to be a much cheaper option than the other e-commerce website builders such as Shopify and Big Commerce.
For finding and selecting the best eCommerce website software seem to be a tough job. It ‘s hard to figure out the techniques about how to sell online.
The first step to finding the best eCommerce website is to determine whether you are a tech savvy or not. If you are a tech savvy, then the self-hosted open source software will provide you with more flexibility. With a self-hosted open source software, you can configure your cart according to your wish and needs.
In case you are a beginner or an intermediate user, and is not comfortable with coding, or if you want to easily and quickly set up an online store and start selling instantly, with the help of using hosted eCommerce shopping carts or website builders, it becomes an excellent way to proceed without having to deal with those technological difficulties.
Further, with self-hosted eCommerce builders, they have dedicated full-time support teams to answer your questions that you have about the eCommerce website software. It is worth investing your time in knowing and building your self-hosted open source software.