Game recording software empowers you to record the gameplay footage. This kind of software also comes with inbuilt tools that let you perform some modifications in the video. Later, you can share the video on the Internet through video streaming websites as well as offline through various file sending modes.
Nowadays, Game recording software is the new rage among the gamers. It is not only used by broadcasters with millions of subscribers, but also by the newbies who just want to record their heroic gaming highlights to build an impression in their friend circle. People often use it to flaunt their game expertise. However, you might be wondering that with a plethora of game recording software, how can you pick the best one?
To take you out from the dilemma, we have assessed some of the popular game recording software. Here is the list of best game recording software.
The first and foremost reason we liked is it is an open-source software. It means that you can download and use it for free of charge. Also, it comes with lots of features.
- You can use it to record games, art, and entertainment.
- It has got high-performance real-time screen capturing and mixing.
- You can play with lots of features such as filters, color correction, color keying, image masking and many others.
- You will get unlimited scenes that are easily switchable through custom transitions.
- You will find an Intuitive audio mixer with which you can perform tasks noise suppression, noise gate, and gain.
- It has a powerful and easy interface.
- Moreover, it supports all the major operating system such Mac OS, Windows, and Linux.
- It supports 32bit as well as 64bit OS versions.
Visit the official website via below link and download your free copy now.
- Perhaps, it is the best-paid game recording software.
- The best part of this software is it has a super user-friendly interface with some of the powerful features.
- It lets you create videos up to 4k resolution at high frame rates.
- Though it is a paid software, you can still enjoy the trial for 30 days.
- You can record webcam or any other USB recording devices while recording the game.
- You can also add or record live commentary or feedback in the video.
- This is one of the most useful features for broadcasters.
- It supports hardware acceleration, so you will have a smooth videos recording in HD MP4 format.
- It claims to give you 20 times smaller video size without distorting the quality.
- It enables you to handle the recording right from the smartphone through an Android application.
- It is available for Windows operating systems.
Shadowplay is another great free game recording software. This software is manufactured by the well-known GPU manufacturing company Nvidia Geforce. The best part of this software is it uses the GPU resources more than CPU resources. Therefore, it burdens less on the processors. However, you cannot run it on entry level GPU. You need to have at least a GPU with performance similar to Geforce GTX 600 or above to run this software.
- It let you broadcast your gameplay easily on Facebook live, Twitch and YouTube.
- You can also broadcast a co-operative gameplay with your friend.
- It is capable of capturing 4k videos at the speed of 130mbps. In the manual mode, you can record videos of unlimited length.
- It let you record the gameplay of the last twenty minutes.
- It is available for almost all of the Windows operating system. It even supports Windows XP.
Below is the official website of Nvidia Geforce from which you can get a copy of this software at absolutely free of cost.
If you are looking for a simple game recording software that doesn’t squeeze your PC resources, then D3DGear is ideal for you. It is not the one with a plethora of features.
- It is the one that covers a less space and doesn’t have much complexity in it.
- It also features built-in compressor that compresses the video in real-time.
- It gives you small size videos without affecting the quality.
- It also features hotkeys to provide a quick access to the recording.
- Though it is a paid software, you can enjoy the trial for 15 days.
Below is the official website to know more about D3DGear.
If you want a game recording software, especially for streaming purposes, then XSplit Gamecaster is a great option for you. In fact, streaming games are easy as a cakewalk with this software. Additionally, it also supports game recording to the local machine. With a click, you can start the recording.
It comes with essential features like adding watermarks, picture in picture mode, social media sharing, video annotations and many others.
It also allows you to add minor changes to videos.
Moreover, it is free to use with limited features. You can unlock all the features by paying a small amount.
It supports Windows operating system.
Below is the official website of XSplit Gamecaster
The final verdict
Here we have the list of 6 best game recording software. Though every program has its own advantages. However, some of them just had the upper hand over others.
Personally speaking, I loved the Open Broadcast Software. It has the edge over others software. I would strongly suggest it if you are looking for a free solution.
Nevertheless, I find other software listed here amazing too. In a nutshell, choosing a game recording software depends on your requirement and preferences.